The Scientific Committee of the 8th Balkan Botanical Congress welcomes the submission of abstracts for original contributions to the field of Botany. Authors may submit abstracts relevant to the Congress Thematic Topics either as an Oral or as a Poster contribution.
All abstracts for Oral or Poster presentations should be submitted via the congress website not later than 29 May 2022 by filling in the online submission form.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented exclusively in English. Authors and contributors are encouraged to perform a careful check of their texts for their scientific meanings and make a good use of the English language.
- During the submission process, all authors will be asked to upload a ready for publication file as well, as described in the Abstract content. Authors are exclusively responsible for the submission of their work according to the abstract submission guidelines and for submitting their abstract in due time according to the abstract submission deadline. Abstracts that do not comply with the guidelines may be returned for corrections if time allows or, if submitted after the deadline, may be automatically disqualified.
- All submitted abstracts are subjected to a peer review process. After the evaluation, corresponding authors will receive feedback. The Organising Committee may change the requested presentation type from Oral to Poster or from Poster to Oral following communication and approval by the authors. All accepted abstracts will be presented as Oral or Poster presentations and will be published in the 8th Balkan Botanical Congress Book of Abstracts.
- Each author can submit a maximum of 3 abstracts (as corresponding author) and present a maximum of 2 abstracts (as presenting author); if the author is participating in more abstracts, they must be submitted and presented by other registered co-authors.
- Each abstract should correspond to one primary Thematic Topic (e.g. Plant Molecular Biology and Genetics) and, if possible, one secondary Thematic Topic (e.g. Plant Physiology and Ecophysiology).
- The preferred type of presentation should be indicated (Oral or Poster).
- The abstract must have a maximum length of 300 words.
- Tables, illustrations, and references may not be inserted.
- A maximum of 7 keywords/phrases may be inserted.
Software: The abstracts should be typed on a word processor (“.doc” or “.docx” format).
Font, size, spacing, alignment: Type in Calibri font, sentence-case, single-spaced, with specific spaces between paragraphs, as described in each section and justified paragraph alignment.
Title: Type in 12 pt, Bold, single spaced, as brief as possible. Scientific names in the title in italics, in lower-case.
Authors: Leave one line, 12pt between title and authors. Type authors’ names in 11pt. All the names should be written in the nominative in sentence-case letters; the surname should follow the first initial of the name; the superscript should be inserted at the end with no space. The presenter’s name should be underlined; the superscript should not be underlined. Listed names should be separated by a comma. Do not use the word “and” for the last author. Use an asterisk (*) after the name of the corresponding author. Authors with different affiliation must be numbered consecutively (e.g. Smith A.1*, Cooper B.2).
Affiliations: Leave one line, 11pt between authors and affiliations. Type affiliations in 9pt., Italic. Use a different number for each institution. Mention first the name of the Laboratory, then Department, School, Institution/University, postal address, post code, city, country followed by a dash (–) and the author’s email address (should not be hyperlinked). When more than one affiliation is included, the e-mail address should follow only the first affiliation. When more than one authors share an affiliation, their emails should be written in the same order that their names appear.
Corresponding author reference: Leave one line, 9pt, between affiliations and corresponding author reference. Type the reference in 9pt: *corresponding author.
Keywords: Leave one line, 9pt between corresponding author reference and keywords. Type keywords in 10 pt.
Abstract body: Leave two lines, 10pt, between keywords and abstract body. Type abstract body in 11 pt, single spaced and fully justified. No margins, one line space between paragraphs.